Saturday, December 4, 2010

Recipe for Oatmeal Brownies

I haven't been eating that much raw. I just haven't been in the mood for it with the cold weather, and all. I have made white bean chili in my crockpot one night.

Photobucket
The latest thing I made, earlier this week, was oatmeal brownies. I adapted this recipe. The reason I was looking for an oatmeal brownie recipe, was that my husband brought a small bag or brownie mix that didn't even go from corner to corner in my baking pan, so I wanted something to add substance. It turned out really good - king of like chocolate on a granola bar. We liked them. I did adapt it though, because I didn't have brown sugar, so I just used white sugar and molasses. The molasses gives it a little of the brown sugar taste. Here was the result.

 Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blessings,
Kimberly ♥

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Those look better than regular brownies! Reminds me of a recipe that a friend of mine has with oatmeal and diced apples that is added to a "Toll-House" chocolate chip bar cookie that she makes. She also sometimes adds coconut and either diced walnuts or pecans depending on what she has in her pantry. Those are great too! : D

    ReplyDelete