Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thanksgiving With My Mother

Well, since I moved to New York I haven't spent one Thanksgiving with my mother. That's been four Thanksgivings without her. We decided tonight to have our own, and here's what we had.

We started with two cornish hens. There is no need to have a turkey for two people.

Photobucket

They are seasoned with butter, salt, pepper, chopped cilantro and mine has garlic. Mom doesn't like garlic. Had I been home I would have put thyme and other herbs on them, but things are scant here, due to no transportation.

We had them with green beans, corn, potatoes, stuffing and rolls.

Photobucket

Here is a close up.

Photobucket

Here it is on the kitchen table.

Photobucket

I made banana bread of desert. I would have added some nuts, but we did not have any.

I mashed up four bananas and added 1/3 of a cup of butter, 1 cup of sugar and 1 egg beaten.

Photobucket

After I mixed that up I added 1 and 1/2 of a cup of self rising flour.

Photobucket

After mixing the flour in I greased a 4 x 8 loaf pan and poured the mixture in it, baking it in a preheated 350 degree over for about an hour and ten or fifteen minutes. Check yours as ovens vary.

Photobucket

It turned out just beautifully.

Photobucket

Care for a slice?

Photobucket

(As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever. Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;) Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God. (2 Corinthians 9:9-11)

Love,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment